Obtaining a visa or residence permit

The school is able to assist and advise students who require a visa or a residence permit to study in Italy.
If a student is a citizen of the EU (European Union), visa or residence permit documents aren't necessary.
If a student is not a citizen of the EU and intends to stay in Italy longer than 3 months, obtaining a residence permit from the Questura di Firenze (Police Headquarters) is obligatory.

Obtaining a visa

You should inquire at the Ufficio Visti of the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country to determine exactly what is required for you to enter Italy as a foreign student.
Take with you a copy of your enrolement certificate (a certified document from the school to confirm that you will be attending the school on a specified date). The enrolement certificate will be delivered as soon as the enrolement form has been submitted and the entire payment done (including the course fee, the non refundable fee, and the homestay if required).
If you are not able to obtain your visa, you must inform the school before the commencement of your course, in any case no later than 17.00 (CET) on the last Friday before the commemcement of the course in order to have your payment refunded, apart from the enrolment fee. Failure to notify the school in due time will result in the loss of your payment and the cancellation of your enrolment.
* From 1st September 2010 students from the following countries do not need a visa in order to study in Italy for periods of less than 90 days. A valid passport is sufficient: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Israel, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Singapore, South Korea, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.

Obtaining a residence permit

If you intend to enrol in a language course that runs longer than 3 months, you need to apply for a residence permit (permesso di soggiorno).

You will need to complete the application form (available from the school) and take it to the appropriate counter at the Post Office. You will also need:
1. 4 passport photos.
2. A photocopy of all pages of your passport.
3. Your Enrolment Certificate from the school with the relevant stamp from the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country.
4. A photocopy of your health insurance documents.
5. A Tax stamp of € 16.
6. A photocopy of your visa issued by the Italian Embassy in your country.

For further information, you may contact:
Questura di Firenze (The Police Headquarters of Firenze)
Via Zara 2, 50129 Firenze | Tel. Public Relations office 055 4977602 /603
Ufficio Immigrazione (Immigration Office)
Via della Fortezza, 17 | Tel. 055 49 77 057

About the school

The first State-recognized Italian language school in Florence. The highest quality language courses, accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education.



Int. Palazzo Guadagni Piazza S. Spirito 9,
50125 Firenze
Tel. +39 055 213030
Fax +39 055 216497
E-mail: info@inflorenceacademy.it